Racing Pride Membership Agreement
The Racing Pride member community has been created as a safe, supportive, and uplifting environment for LGBTQ+ people and allies. This agreement is in place to make sure that it remains so for all members.
As a member of Racing Pride, you agree and understand:
- All registration information you provide to us is true, accurate, current and complete. Please help us to maintain the accuracy of the information and promptly update Racing Pride with changes when necessary.
- You have the legal capacity and will comply with these terms and conditions.
- You will not use your membership privileges for an unauthorised purpose or share your membership privileges with others.
- You don’t have any role in the governance of Racing Pride CIC or the public messaging of Racing Pride and cannot represent yourself as speaking on behalf of Racing Pride in any capacity without explicit permission from the Directors of Racing Pride CIC.
- Invites to in-person events do not guarantee your spot. Some events will have a limited capacity, and some venues may have other restrictions on, or requirements for, attendance (for instance regulations to protect the confidentiality of sensitive information from competitors).
- For events with a limited capacity, a ballot system will be used to determine the participants. Members will be given a deadline to sign up, after which a draw will occur.
- Members will be informed of any other potential restrictions on, or requirements for, attendance to the best of Racing Pride’s knowledge.
- Offered discounts on selected Racing Pride merchandise is subject to item availability.
At all in-person and online events, you are representing Racing Pride. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, the following rules are in place for all Racing Pride events:
- Be considerate and respectful.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour, materials, and speech.
- Speak up if you observe anything at an event that conflicts with the above. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the Membership Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately.
Unacceptable behaviour from any member will not be tolerated and will be subject to sanctions. These will be at the discretion of Racing Pride’s Membership Manager, Event Manager, and Board of Directors.
Unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech, materials, or conduct by any participants of the event and related event activities. Event venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, biphobic, transphobic, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Taking of photos within the event environment for use on social media, without the prior permission of the individuals or owners of the content therein.
- Any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behaviour or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behaviour, or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the event venue.
Failing to adhere to the above terms puts the member at risk of any or all of the following sanctions, taking into account both the nature/severity of the incident(s) and whether there have been any previous incidents involving the member:
- Written warning.
- Suspension from participating in member activities and privileges.
- Suspension/removal from the Racing Pride Discord server.
- Termination of membership without refund.
We will continually review our member benefits to provide the best possible experience to our members. If you have any issues or complaints, contact the Membership Manager via at email@example.com. For issues concerning the Membership Manager, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.